Thursday, July 28, 2011

Funny Quotes

My 4 year old on the spectrum was quizzing me about bees and how they made honey.  I explained that bees got nectar from the flowers and took it back to the hive where they made the honey.  He looked at me seriously, "What are the ingweedients?" 

My oldest with Asperger's showed his grandmother his hands which were wrinkled after being in the pool for a long time.  He said, "Look, Mammaw, my hands are as wrinkled as you are!"  Thank God she has a sense of humor!

I was reading a book on idioms I had recently purchased and was telling my oldest about the history and meaning of the idiom "getting up on the wrong side of the bed."  According to the book, in ancient Roman times, it was considered bad luck to get out of bed on the left side.  My son thought about this and stated that he was "bed-a-dextrous" (playing off the word ambidextrous).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by WebRing.