Sunday, May 9, 2010

A special mother's day message for my Mom

I am fortunate to know many caring and generous people.  In my darkest days, I know that I have friends and family with whom I can talk in order to help me regain a healthier perspective.  At this point, there is no changing certain elements of my son's behavior.  No one can really help us if what we're seeking are for things to change in a fundamental way.  The best help is to have someone with whom I can share my deepest feelings, good and bad, and not be judged.  Having someone who focuses on helping me find my strength, laughing with me at the crazy, nutso world we sometimes live in, supporting me when I feel lost is priceless.  I can say unequivocally that the one person I know I can always call is my Mom.  Not only is she there for me, she is there for my son with whom she has a very special bond.  She "gets" him and she adores him.

Mom, thank you for listening to me vent.  Thank you for your dedication to me and my family.  Thank you for making us all laugh.  You are so much more than a mom to me.  You are more than a friend to me.  You just are - you're there, you care and you rock.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by WebRing.