Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fierce

I wasn't always a mom of an autistic child or of twins. 
I wasn't always a mom.
I wasn't always focused on children.
I wasn't always married.

I used to be a very insecure girl who was fortunate enough to avoid the serious predators  I was a magnet for those seeking easy prey.  I was way too nice even when I knew I shouldn't be.  Being nice wasn't as scary as confronting someone who was crossing the line. 

I wasn't always in my 30s.
I wasn't always this older lady who still feels young.
I didn't always have stretch marks from my many babies.
I wasn't always so serious.

I used to worry about petty things, believing them to be important.  I used to feel tired all the time, not knowing what it was like to really be tired, to actually not have time to do the things that had to be done.  I used to have money for the basics.

I didn't always know the intense love a mother feels for her precious children.
I didn't always feel the strength that floods my veins when my children need me.

I used to never be this fierce.

I may not be perfect.  I may make mistakes daily but there is no denying that I am dedicated to each of my darling babies. 

I wasn't always this full.
I wasn't always this sure.
I wasn't always this loved.

Despite how hard things are, I am here and I am determined.  I will be my best, do my best and I will not back down no matter how hard it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by WebRing.